Use of low-pollutant materials
The naBe action plan distinguishes between office work chairs/office chairs and furniture for the contract sector. For the latter, the naBe action plan recommends the use of furniture made of wood from sustainable forestry.
Essential criteria for the procurement of furniture:
- Ban on CFC propellants
- Ban on plastics made of PVC
- Textiles free of harmful substances according to Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex
- Footrest, seat, backrest, armrest and mechanism must be easily replaceable (office work chairs/office chairs)
- At least 50% of the wood from sustainable forest management
- Requirements for packaging systems
- Internal temporary storage of used furniture that is temporarily no longer needed until it is used again in the organisation helps to extend its useful life.
Look out for the following quality mark:
ATTENTION: The following quality mark proves that individual naBe criteria are fulfilled. However, it does not prove that the product fulfils all naBe criteria and is therefore not naBe-compliant: