Food and catering services
Resource-saving and regional diversity of enjoyment
High-quality food from the region, a gradual increase in food from organic production, ensuring high animal welfare standards and avoiding food waste are among the requirements of the naBe criteria.
Key criteria for the procurement of food and catering services:
- Gradual increase of the minimum share of organically produced food from 25% in 2023 to 55% in 2030
- High animal welfare standards for the procurement of food of animal origin
- Fish from regional waters or sustainable aquacultures
- Climate plate: At least one vegetarian or vegan main course daily
- Information on the origin of meat, eggs and milk must be available close to the point of serving
- Reusable packaging and transport systems
- Measures to avoid food waste
More animal welfare
• The set animal welfare standards are fulfilled, for example, by the certificate of the AMA Quality Seal as well as the additional module “More Animal Welfare”; equivalent proofs are also valid.