Energy-saving and durable companions
Electrical appliances consume a lot of electricity and resources, especially during production and use. The naBe criteria contain requirements for the following product groups: Ovens, hobs, extractor bonnets, televisions, dishwashers, coffee machines, refrigerators and freezers, tumble dryers and washing machines.
Essential criteria for the procurement of electrical appliances:
- Minimum standards for energy efficiency classes
- Requirements for low noise emissions OR quiet appliances
- Availability of spare parts
- Packaging material free of halogenated compounds
- Manufacturers of ovens, hobs and cooker bonnets are obliged by EU Regulation 66/2014 to provide information on energy consumption and energy efficiency on their websites. You can find the relevant information on the official websites of manufacturers
- When purchasing, take into account the total cost of ownership, i.e. not only the purchase price but also other costs such as energy costs, repair costs and disposal costs.
- Suitable tips on the use of various electrical appliances are offered by the German Federal Environment Agency.
- In order to use appliances for as long as possible, it is recommended to repair defective appliances.