Textiles and textile rental services
Low-pollutant production and cleaning
To ensure low-pollutant textiles, the naBe-criteria take into account the requirements of Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex. In addition, an environmental management system is required for providers of rental textile services.
Essential criteria for the procurement of textiles and rental textile services:
- Low-emission textiles that meet the requirements of Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex
- Certified environmental management system for providers of rental textile services
- Requirements for packaging materials
- The washing process must be checked at least once a year, including calibration of the pumps for the cleaning agents.
- When procuring textiles made of natural fibres, additional points can be awarded for the proportion of natural fibres in the textile end product that originates from organic or ecological production in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2018/848 (as amended by Corrigenda OJ No L 270, 29.10.2018, p. 37 and OJ No L 305, 26.11.2019, p. 59).
- For the procurement of rental textile services, additional points may be awarded for tenders where the rental textiles used under the contract comply with the naBe-criteria for textiles.
- When procuring rental textile services, care should be taken to ensure a short transport distance between the contracting authority’s site and the laundry. The naBe-Action Plan includes an award criterion to this effect.
Look for the following quality mark or environmental management system mark:
ATTENTION: The following quality marks prove that individual naBe criteria are fulfilled. However, it does not prove that the product fulfils all naBe criteria and is therefore not naBe-compliant: